It was my birthday yesterday, as I’m sure you all probably know (I wasn’t exactly subtle about it), and I had such an awesome day. I had lunch with my sister, dinner with my mum and dad and breakfast with my boyfriend, and oh-so-much delicious food!
There were cookbooks galore (which I’m psyched to tell you about soon!) some beautiful vintage Le Creuset and chocolates from my favourite chocolate shop on the face of the earth. And there were so many kind messages and birthday wishes from you guys sitting on Twitter and Facebook and yesterday’s post, you completely made my day! It was officially my best birthday yet.
So to say THANK YOU for all your kindness, for reading my blog, and for just generally being awesome, I have teamed up with Salt and Pepper Homewares and put together this awesome giveaway!!
The prize pack is all about Morning Rituals…I’ll let the good people @saltandpepperhome tell you about it.
My morning ritual revolves almost entirely around toast from Monday to Friday. All the bread in Casa Sugar Hit is homemade, and usually based on a super-simple no knead dough, because who has time for all that kneading? Not this gal.
This loaf is my new favourite breakfast staple. As soon as my birthday rolls around my sights get set on Christmas, and I seem to have unconsciously let that seep into my baking! This loaf is loaded with tart, dried cranberries, beautifully toasty pecans and just a hint of cinnamon. It’s crusty, not particularly sweet (there’s no added sugar in this), and it’s absolute nirvana toasted and spread with salted butter.
So now, to the giveaway! It’s open to all Australian residents (sorry overseas readers – I do love you!) and all you need to do to enter is leave a comment on this post telling me what your morning ritual is. For bonus entries to increase your chances, swing over to the Salt and Pepper Facebook page and give it a LIKE, or follow @saltandpepperhomewares on Instagram and leave a comment here letting me know that you’ve done so! The competition will run until midnight on the 25th September AEST, and a winner will be selected randomly, announced and contacted on Friday the 26th September. Good luck everybody!
Giveaway closed – congratulations to Joanna, the winner! This prize package was provided by Salt and Pepper. No compensation was received by myself for running this giveaway.
- 3 cups (450g) plain or bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp dry active yeast
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cups (375ml) water
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Place all the ingredients, except the cranberries and pecans into a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are incorporated, and there are no dry patches of flour.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place for 4 hours, or in a cool place overnight.
- Once the dough has risen, stir in the cranberries and pecans and scrape the dough out into a ball on a piece of baking paper. This ball will become your loaf.
- Pick up the dough, using the paper, and place it back into the mixing bowl (no need to rinse or wash or anything. Cover loosely with plastic again, and leave for an hour.
- To bake the loaf, preheat the oven 400F/200C and place a 24cm dutch oven with the lid on into the oven to heat up for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, take the dutch oven out, pick up the rested dough, using the corners of the baking paper, and plop it into the dutch oven. Place the lid back on and put the whole thing into the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the lid and bake for a further 20 minutes. Once the loaf is baked, remove it from the dutch oven and leave to cool completely before slicing. Yum!