Bad-assery is a very important part of the everyday for me. It is how one goes from feeling generally morose, to having a full blown sense of triumph and ability. Below, I have compiled a list of things that any average person can do to elevate their day into one of high-quality BAD ASSNESS. If you find yourself going through the everyday feeling as though people might not be taking you quite as seriously as you’d like, this list is for you. If you find yourself not being listened to, being taken advantage of, being downtrodden in society, then this list is for you. I am operating on the pretense that each of us has a Bad Ass inside just waiting to get out. All it will take is remembering who the people are who deserve the best from you, and making sure that your bad ass ways don’t end up adversely effecting them. Don’t worry too much, if you follow carefully the instructions below, you shouldn’t have any problems*. 1. Put down your salad fork. Bad Asses don’t diet.
2. Sunglasses. Bad Asses are controlled by no-one. The sun can’t make us squint during the day, and sticklers can’t make us take them off at night.
3. Strut. Bad Asses always know where we’re headed. We got no time to muck around. We walk with purpose.
4. Say what you mean. Bad Asses don’t bother saying anything else.
5. Tell ‘em what you really think. Bad Asses don’t want to hurt feelings, but we also don’t have time for people who can’t handle the truth. We be droppin’ truth bombs left and right.
6. Do what you feel like. Bad Asses have always taken the advice of little Rudiger on this score. 7 . Heels. Bad Asses understand the power of a high, high, high heel.
8. Flats. Bad Asses need to be able to get around unhindered. Your call, Bad Asses. Read the situation.
9. Bitch Face. Bad Asses know how to use it.
10. Attitude. It’s Bad Ass.
11. Girl Power. It’s hard to be a Bad Ass if you’re a dude. It’s science. That’s right ladies, we OWN this one.
12. Be Inspired. Bad Asses live their lives full of passion. Get inspired. Find a purpose. Find what moves you, and then shake shit up! This site inspires the crap out of me. 13. Find a kindred spirit. Bad Asses know that in this age of the internet, there is always someone who will agree with you.
14. Individualise. Bad Asses are lone wolves by nature. We welcome people who help us, but we don’t need anyone.
15. Party. Bad Asses party every day and in every way. Partying is not about getting drunk. It’s about bringing the party to every aspect of your life. As Kid President would say. BE A PARTY.
16. Burgers. Bad Asses eat burgers. I’m not sure why this is important but it is, and I don’t question that. I question everything else though. Coz I’m a Bad Ass.
17. Ice cream sandwiches. Bad Asses do, and they don’t regret it. *The Sugar Hit takes no responsibility for problems caused as a result of this list.
Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
adapted from this recipe by Smitten Kitchen
2 2/3 cups plain flour
2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup cocoa powder
285 gram butter, softened
1 cup caster sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 180C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In the bowl of a mixer, or with an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and salt together until light and fluffy. Add the yolks and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the flour and cocoa powder and mix until just combined.
Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and divide into two. Roll out the cookies until they are about the thickness of a two dollar coin, and cut out the size and shape you desire. Transfer to the baking sheet with at least 1cm between cookies. Bake the cookies for 16 to 18 min. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
This Hot Fudge is a Nigella Recipe – stay tuned for my own recipe which is on the way! It’s malted!